The 8D Association




Miscellaneous '8D area' Stations.

These are stations within the 10 mile radius of 8D shed which are not covered in the individual railway line sections. 

Delamere.

Opened by the Cheshire Lines Committee on 22nd June 1870 the station is still functioning today. It is now an unstaffed halt but had over 34,000 journeys either to or from the station in 2010/11. The platform buildings still survive and have been used on a commercial basis for several years. The station serves the village of Delamere and is situated on the edge of Delamere Forest. Which is still a popular attraction for families.


A well turned out 'Black 5' No 5305 is seen passing through Delamere station on a railtour. An old bay platform probably for goods can be seen to the right of the platform fencing. Mid 1980's. Photo by Les Fifoot.


Derby built Class 108 DMU, No 51417 and 52412 are seen arriving at Delamere station with a Sunday service for Chester.  6th December 1987. Photo by Terry Callaghan.








Dedicated to promoting the history of the railways of South Lancashire and North Cheshire.
Community Web Kit provided free by BT